In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining an array of Splunk apps and TAs for our clients, both premium and free. You'll be building advanced functionality like custom Splunk commands and REST API integrations in addition to simpler functionality like correlation searches.
This is not primarily a client-facing position, but you may also be called on to meet with and provide enablement for clients using these apps, or to gather requirements for new projects.
Other duties may include but are not limited to:
- Mentoring co-workers on efficient Splunk use;
- Maintaining a dev Splunk environment;
- Writing documentation;
- Working with multiple clients simultaneously;
- Provide enablement to teams on technical implementations & best practices;
- Communicate daily with colleagues and clients;
- Solve complex problems using a variety of tools; and
- Perform integrations between various technology stacks.
The ideal candidate should have 3 to 8 years of experience in DevOps, CloudOps, IT Ops, or Software Development. Regardless of background type, candidates should have extensive experience administering and building custom content within Splunk. Candidates should be passionately curious about how things work and how companies leverage technology to solve complex business problems. This person must also be willing to try new things.
This is primarily a remote, non-travel position, but candidates should be prepared for occasional travel for training, planning sessions, and events.