The ideal Event Marketing Manager candidate will bring creativity, diligence, and enthusiasm to Evolutio’s branded event experiences. We aspire to do events differently and better than the industry standard; events that energize the sales teams and executives as well as the guests, and this vision only happens with diligence and excitement from the marketers.
The Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for building out geographical and account-based marketing campaigns with an events-led focus, with weekly reporting on sales impact, metrics, and coordinating contracts and timelines with vendors, agencies, and partners.
Campaigns that center around pillar events will have on-and-offline components that work with the entire pre-and-post sales cycle, oftentimes focused by region, and consider the client buyer personas/seniority and industry verticals.
Responsibilities will roughly fall into the following three areas, in order of emphasis: (1) Event Management and Strategic Partner Management, (2) Client Success and Account Based Marketing, and (3) Demand Generation, Lead Generation, and Marketing Systems.
Details for the three responsibility areas include:
Event Management and Strategic Partner Management:
- Understand sales team and business need for events on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, and maintain detailed calendaring and project plans
- Project ROI impact (revenue/ pipeline, strategic, and relationship-wise) on proposed events
- Secure event budgetary funding and strategic co-marketing buy-in from partners
- Manage detailed project management plans for venue, entertainment, technical speakers, audiovisual, budgets, pre-event/during event/post-event requirements
- Engage Partner Marketing, Partner Sales, and Partner Executives to fund, provide marketing support, drive attendance, speak, and evangelize Evolutio’s branded event experiences
- Coordinate with venues on securing contracts, food menus, spirits selection, special entertainment, lunches, catering, audio/ visual, and other logistical requirements of event management
- During events be the on-site POC for questions with guests and the venue, tracking attendance, no-shows, etc
- Ensure the business provides content, guest speakers, PowerPoints, and other branded items like swag to meet the requirements of the event
- Innovate on Evolutio’s event marketing to help communicate our value proposition in special and enhanced ways with partners, clients, and prospects
Client Success and Account Based Marketing:
- VIP outreach and inviting our top, most important existing clients to engage with our events, speakers, and other in-person experiences
- Enable sellers and solution architects to grow revenue in an existing client base
- Coordinate Quarterly Business Reviews on-site in our client offices or at a nearby venue with both daytime and evening agenda
- Collaborate with the sales team and partner sellers, and hold the business accountable for securing attendance, and modifying the event to best fit the clients’ needs and ability to participate
Demand Generation and Marketing Systems:
- Segmenting lists and targeting based on event engagement, attendance, or other prioritization
- Ensure lists and marketing data have the best physical location information as is possible (city, state, zip), so we can invite our database to events where they’re located
- Crafting and enabling sales team with pre-event invite emails and post-event follow-up emails, reminder emails, and other communications for multiple touch points
- Working in Project Management tool (Asana), CRM (Salesforce), email sequencer (Reply .io), Contact Databases and tools (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Lusha), and other sales and marketing software
Strategic: this role will report to the Director of Marketing and will need to integrate the Evolutio event strategy with other Evolutio brand, content, paid media, partner, and sales objectives on achievable timelines.
Volume: the Event Marketing Manager will maintain the following volume of events quarterly: roughly (1x) tier 1 pillar, (3x) tier 2 branded, and (3-6x) tier 3 micro events in varying metro areas across the United States (may vary depending on size, scope, budget, etc).
Location: We will give preference to candidates in Chicago, Illinois where Evolutio Headquarters and an important portion of our client base is located. Ultimately our whole team works remotely, and this role will be remote-first.
Travel: Since we work with clients who are situated throughout the USA, candidates will need to be comfortable working from home and traveling by plane. While candidates should be prepared to travel 50-60% of the time on the busiest months, it could be as little as 0-30% in other months.